233 Houston St
College Station, Texas 77840
As one of the largest dining halls in the country-and the largest dining facility at Texas A&M – Sbisa Dining Hall feeds thousands of Aggies and campus visitors every day. The building sits at one end of Texas A&M’s landmark Military Walk.
Completed in 1926, construction on the dining hall started in 1912, after an early morning kitchen fire on Nov. 11, 1911, destroyed the original campus mess hall. Sbisa is named in honor of Bernard Sbisa, an Austrian-born New Orleans chef and college steward who prepared hearty and timely meals for Aggies for more than 50 years – in fact, the only day that Bernard was late in serving a meal was breakfast the day of the 1911 fire.