Please contact email@example.com if you need clarification on any of the application requirements.* If you cannot meet the regular application cycle, the department has some limited flexibility for other admission dates.
Application InformationApplications should be submitted via Texas A&M GraduateCAS before the deadline. When filling out your application, be sure that you are applying to the main Texas A&M campus in College Station. Please note there are separate forms for Astronomy and Physics/Applied Physics, with different requirements.
Application FeeThe application fee for domestic students is $89, while international students pay $114. Limited financial assistance is available for low-income applicants. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.
The Department of Physics & Astronomy requires the following information to be available with your application at the time of the review:
- Resume or CV
- At least three letters of recommendation.
- Application Essay – The Application Essay should explain why you want to pursue graduate studies, why you are applying to our department, your research interests, and a description of your previous research experience.
- Personal Statement – Please briefly summarize your previous research experience(s): institution, supervisor, topic, duration, paper(s), or poster(s). You may upload two items, with a two-paged maximum per attachment. Combine into one PDF to upload.
- Transcript – for consideration purposes, we will accept unofficial transcripts. However, please note that if you receive and accept an offer, the Office of Admissions will need an official copy of your final transcript. If your official scores and grades do not match any unofficial copies that you submitted. (excluding current courses), your application will be subject to rejection and any offers will be rescinded. Transcripts that are not written in English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
- Optional Document: List of publications or statements of research experience (when applicable).