Home    /    Academics    /    Current Undergraduate Students    /    Changing Majors for Current Undergrads

Changing Majors for Current Undergrads

Students who wish to change into Physics after beginning at Texas A&M in another major must satisfy the following requirements:

  • An overall GPA of 2.5 or better and a 2.5 or better in physics and math courses in the degree plan
  • Credit for PHYS 206 and the appropriate required lab: Engineers – ENGR/PHYS 216, all others – PHYS 226 (4 credits), MATH 151/171 (4 credits) and MATH 152/172 (4 credits) with a C or better
  • A clean academic history (no cases of scholastic dishonesty, etc.).
  • Must have fewer than 90 credit hours