Darren DePoy heads the Astronomical Instrumentation Lab, which builds instruments for ground-based telescopes. He is the project scientist for the Dark Energy Camera, which was recently installed at the Cerro Tololo 4-m telescope in Chile.
- OGLE-2012-BLG-0563Lb: a Saturn-mass Planet around an M Dwarf with the Mass Constrained by Subaru AO imaging 
- DES J0454-4448: Discovery of the First Luminous z > 6 Quasar from the Dark Energy Survey 
- Red noise versus planetary interpretations in the microlensing event OGLE-2013-BLG-446 
- KELT-8b: A highly inflated transiting hot Jupiter and a new technique for extracting high-precision radial velocities from noisy spectra 
- Automated Transient Identification in the Dark Energy Survey