Rupak Mahapatra is an experimental particle physicist with expertise in building particle detectors and data analysis. He is currently involved in developing next generation dark matter detectors made of Ge semiconductors with Transition Edge Sensors (TES), utilizing state of the art semiconductor device fabrication instruments in his labs.
Awards & Recognition
- Hononary Faculty Position (National Institute of Science and Education Research (NISER), India, 2016)
- Spokesperson of the MINER Experiment (Elected by The MINER Collaboration, 2016)
- Honorary (Adjunct) Faculty Position (Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics (SINP), Calcutta, India, 2012)
- Early CAREER Award (Department of Energy, 2010)
- Donation of Entire 6-inch Semiconductor Fab Line (Maxim Integrated Products, 2009)