The Department of Physics and Astronomy does not force students into closed sections of Physics classes.
Prerequisite override requests can be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org by:
- An academic adviser
- A Student with proof of completion or current registration in the prereq course
Instructions for taking only the lab portion of a course:
- Choose a lab section that will work with your schedule (does not matter if it’s full). Register for one credit hour of PHYS 285 with Dr. Ford (section varies).
- Immediately after registering, send an email to Dr. Ford (email@example.com) and let him know that you have registered for his section. You will need to include the name of the course and the lab section you will attend.
- Let your TA know they will need to submit your grade to Dr. Ford at the end of the semes- ter, and that you will not be attending the recitation (PHYS 218/208).
- Your advisor will need to submit a substitution to add the 1 credit hour to the course you have already taken.
Note to Physics advisor: A department override will need to be set for the student.
The physics help desk, located in MPHY 135, is staffed by current graduate students with TA experience. Students do not need an appointment to drop in and receive assistance with phys- ics concepts and assignments (PHYS 201, 202, 208, 218). Please see the current semester’s help desk schedule for hours of operation.
- Monday—Wednesday: 9 am—5 pm
- Thursday: 9 am—4 pm
- Friday: 9 am—12 noon
A list of graduate student tutors available for one-on-one tutoring can be obtained here.